Chicken Fusion Salad
- 150g Thai rice noodles
- 1 large or 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 1/2 a cucumber, sliced
- 2 Little Gem lettuces
- 4-6 sprigs of fresh mint
- 250g leftover cooked chicken, shredded
- 2-3tsp sesame seeds, toasted
For the dressing:
- 1 good tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1-2 red chillies, deseeded
- 3tbsp each red wine vinegar, soy sauce, vegetable oil and sesame oil
- Spread the noodles out in a large dish and pour enough boiling water over them to cover. Leave for 15 mins, stirring occasionally with a large fork or tongs.
- Peel the carrots into long, thin ribbons straight into a large bowl and add the cucumber slices.
- To make the dressing: mix the ginger with 1 of the chillies, finely chopped. Add the vinegar, soy sauce and oils.
- Drain the noodles, then refresh them under cold water, drain again, then add to the carrot and cucumber with almost half the dressing. Mix well with your hands, then add torn outer leaves of lettuce and quartered hearts, tear in the bigger mint leaves and mix lightly.
- Spread the salad out on a a platter. Mix the chicken with the rest of the dressing and arrange it on the salad. Garnish with small mint leaves, the rest of the chilli, finely sliced, and the toasted sesame seeds.