Healthy Holiday Recipes
Coconut Chocolate Macaroons
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. coconut whey protein
- ⅔ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp. dark chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Place egg whites in a clean medium mixing bowl; beat until stiff peaks are formed.
- Gently fold in whey protein and shredded coconut.
- Drop by rounded Tbsp. onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until browned; cool.
- Melt chocolate in a small microwaveble bowl for 30 seconds at 50% heat. Stir and repeat until nibs melt.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over cooled macaroons.
Maple Glazed Brussel Sprouts
- 2 pounds of brussel sprouts
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 to 4 tbsp. maple syrup
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F .
- Trim and halve the brussel sprouts.
- Coat the sprouts in oil and salt/pepper
- Spread the sprouts evenly on a baking sheet
- Roast them in the oven for 15- 20 minutes until starting to brown. Flip them and roast them for an additional 15 minutes until crispy.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with the maple syrup. Roast for a few more minutes.