Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey
- ½ tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt, divided use
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup whole-grain panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed whole tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- Combine turkey, ¼ tsp. salt, pepper, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, and cheese in a large bowl; mix well with clean hands.
- Roll mixture into eighteen 1½-inch meatballs. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add half of meatballs; cook, turning occasionally, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until meatballs are browned on each side. Place browned meatballs in a 3-quart slow cooker.
- Repeat with the remaining meatballs. Set aside.
- Add onion to same skillet; cook, over medium-high heat, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Top meatballs with cooked onion, tomatoes, oregano, and remaining ¼ tsp. salt; cook, covered, on low temperature for 5 to 6 hours, stirring once or twice.