Three Bean Turkey Chili
- 1.3 lb (20 oz) 99% lean ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped chilies
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can small red beans, drained
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro for topping
- optional toppings, shredded cheddar, avocado, sour cream, etc.
- Brown turkey and onion in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through. Transfer to the slow cooker with the beans, chilies, chickpeas, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder and cumin, mixing well.
- Cook on high 6 to 8 hours or low 10 to 12.
- Garnish with onions, cilantro and tour favorite toppings.