Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes
Citrus- Herb Roasted Turkey
5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. lemon peel, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. orange peel, finely chopped
½ cup low-sodium organic chicken broth
½ cup fresh orange juice
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp. paprika
1½ tsp. ground cumin (optional)
1½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
1½ tsp. dried thyme leaves
1 tsp. dried rosemary leaves
1½ tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Position rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Place oil, lemon peel, orange peel, broth, orange juice, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, cumin, oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Place turkey breast-side up on rack in roasting pan. Rub turkey with half of prepared dressing, including under the skin and inside the cavity. Reserve remaining dressing for basting.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until skin is golden brown. Remove turkey from oven and cover breast with aluminum foil.
- Return turkey to oven. Reduce heat to 350° F. Bake, brushing turkey with remaining dressing every hour, for an additional 2 to 2½ hours or until thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh registers 165° F.
- Transfer turkey to a large serving platter and cover with foil. Let turkey stand for 10 minutes before carving.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Fig & Goat Cheese
4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into ½-inch thick lengthwise batons
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. chipotle chili powder (or chili powder)
Sea salt or Himalayan salt (to taste; optional)
4 medium figs, cut into quarters
4 tsp. crumbled goat cheese1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil; toss gently to coat.
- Season with chili powder and salt; toss gently to coat.
- Spread sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, turning once, until brown and tender.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve sweet potatoes topped evenly with figs and cheese. Drizzle evenly with balsamic vinegar.