Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- 1 cup low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers seeded and deveined, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. ground smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb. raw chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas warm
- 1 cup pico de gallo or fresh tomato salsa
- 1 medium ripe avocado sliced
- 1 medium lime cut into 4 wedges
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Place chicken broth, garlic, jalapeños (if desired), chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, bay leaves, and chicken in a 3-quart slow cooker; mix well and cover. Cook on high for 2½ to 3 hours (or on low for 4 to 5 hours), or until chicken is tender.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred with 2 forks.
- Evenly divide chicken between 8 tortillas. Top evenly with pico de gallo, avocado, lime juice, and cilantro; serve immediately.